Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Borrowing Your Way to World Domination

I wonder if the United States is the first country in history to pay for the weapons it uses to dominate the world by borrowing the funds from the rest of the world?

The Roman Empire and the British Empire just marched around the planet grabbing things and enriching themselves by wringing taxes from the subject lands. The United States is different: It gets the money to bomb you by selling you bits of paper. People! Have you noticed that you're financing your own subjugation?

6 comments:

Naj said...

and this one:
did congress give a green light to attack Iran?

Fleming said...

Naj, I see that your link goes to a very important report. I'll be having a closer look at it when I have more time later today.

Thanks!

Paul said...

That one I hadn't thought of...

TiG said...

I don't know how it all occurred but we're in so deep to other countries (fe.China) that even if our government was interested in getting out, in no time they'd have us shot and tossed into the Hudson like a mafioso-gone-good.

Fleming said...

Shelley, don't worry, Bush isn't going to go good. He's got a great protection racket going, with the slogan --similar to "an offer you can't refuse" -- "If you aren't with us, you're against us." Which means in Bush Maifiaspeak, "As long as you keep buying my worthless pieces of paper I'll protect you . . . from me."

His problem is, he's not dealing with candy store owners.

Daniel said...

Problem is, Fleming, the financiers are making money from Bush's warmongering. Cheers!