Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Pay Attention, America

I avoid posting reports that are easy to find in the mainstream media, but today there are two items that I think should be noticed as widely as possible. In any case, it took me some digging to find Cindy Sheehan’s resignation statement, and many of the published accounts leave out her most devastating comments.

I’m publishing the other item, the al-Qaida statement, to illustrate once more how different the actual goals of al-Qaida are from ludicrous Bushisms like, “They attacked us because they hate freedom”, and “If we don’t stay in Iraq and fight them there they’ll follow us here.” I’ve always written, listen to what they’re saying and not to what Bush & Co. and the Zionists tell us they’re saying. . . for example, the truth that the destruction of the twin towers was directly because of U.S. support of Israel and had nothing to do with “hatred of freedom”. It was, in fact, a cry for freedom for the Palestinians.

AL-QAIDA

Here’s the statement by an American al-Qaida member, which essentially says, “Leave Islamic countries alone and stop supporting Israel in its murderous, unlawful oppressions and rampages.” It says nothing about Americans giving up anything of their own – especially our freedoms. G.W. Bush is depriving us of those without any help.

‘CAIRO, Egypt - An American member of al-Qaida warned President Bush on Tuesday to end U.S. involvement in all Muslim lands or face an attack worse than the Sept. 11 suicide assault, according to a new videotape.
Gadahn demanded that Bush remove all U.S. military and spies from Islamic countries, free all Muslims from U.S. prisons and end support for Israel. He said a withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq alone would not satisfy al-Qaida.’


CINDY SHEEHAN

Here are what I feel are the most important parts of the resignation statement by the great antiwar leader, Cindy Sheehan. To me, this sentence is the heart of it: ‘CASEY DIED FOR A COUNTRY WHICH CARES MORE ABOUT WHO WILL BE THE NEXT AMERICAN IDOL THAN HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE KILLED IN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS WHILE DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS PLAY POLITICS WITH HUMAN LIVES.’

Mon May 28, 2007 http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/5/28/12530/1525

CindySheehan's diary

I have come to some heartbreaking conclusions this Memorial Day Morning.

The first conclusion is that I was the darling of the so-called left as long as I limited my protests to George Bush and the Republican Party. However, when I started to hold the Democratic Party to the same standards that I held the Republican Party, support for my cause started to erode and the "left" started labeling me with the same slurs that the right used. I guess no one paid attention to me when I said that the issue of peace and people dying for no reason is not a matter of "right or left", but "right and wrong."

I am deemed a radical because I believe that partisan politics should be left to the wayside when hundreds of thousands of people are dying for a war based on lies that is supported by Democrats and Republican alike.

I have invested everything I have into trying to bring peace with justice to a country that wants neither. If an individual wants both, then normally he/she is not willing to do more than walk in a protest march or sit behind his/her computer criticizing others. I have spent every available cent I got from the money a "grateful" country gave me when they killed my son and every penny that I have received in speaking or book fees since then. . . . I have been called every despicable name that small minds can think of and have had my life threatened many times.

The most devastating conclusion that I reached this morning, however, was that Casey did indeed die for nothing. His precious lifeblood drained out in a country far away from his family who loves him, killed by his own country which is beholden to and run by a war machine that even controls what we think. I have tried every since he died to make his sacrifice meaningful. Casey died for a country which cares more about who will be the next American Idol than how many people will be killed in the next few months while Democrats and Republicans play politics with human lives. It is so painful to me to know that I bought into this system for so many years and Casey paid the price for that allegiance. I failed my boy and that hurts the most.

Our brave young men and women in Iraq have been abandoned there indefinitely by their cowardly leaders who move them around like pawns on a chessboard of destruction and the people of Iraq have been doomed to death and fates worse than death by people worried more about elections than people. However, in five, ten, or fifteen years, our troops will come limping home in another abject defeat and ten or twenty years from then, our children’s children will be seeing their loved ones die for no reason, because their grandparents also bought into this corrupt system. George Bush will never be impeached because if the Democrats dig too deeply, they may unearth a few skeletons in their own graves and the system will perpetuate itself in perpetuity.

Good-bye America ...you are not the country that I love and I finally realized no matter how much I sacrifice, I can’t make you be that country unless you want it.

It’s up to you now.

4 comments:

Naj said...

Good post Fleming.

I thought this may interest you
phase 2: America attacking Syria

Fleming said...

Thank you, Naj. I've read the frightening article via your link, and I want to urge everyone to read it! It is still obviously in the Zionist/US plan not only to emasculate Iran but also to destroy Syria as an independent nation.

TiG said...

What is disconcerting about the Zionist debate is that unless a person fully supports theocracy he or she can be labelled(sp?) an anti-Semite. I just don't understand that. I am probably just ignorant about Israel, but I see something wrong with destroying the state of Palestine because of religious beliefs about chosen people and religious property. I don't think that makes me anti-semitic, and besides that, my paternal grandmother was Jewish. I throw that in to demonstrate how I can disagree with disposessing an entire people without me being anti-Semitic. I think I'm babbling on but I'm not trying to be offensive. I just don't understand the argument for Zionism and want clarification.

Fleming said...

Shelley, I'm late, but I really do appreciate your comment.